Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Laptop lanyard

I watched the fellow beside me working on his laptop as we rode the bus, and a sudden stop made me realize how precarious his tool was. A laptop should have a stiff outer ring in its case, and a lanyard projecting from that. Just hanging onto plastic is fraught, hence the stiff ring. You then use a short elastic cord: one end attached to your belt, the other to the lanyard. If the laptop does fall, the impact will be less. Of course the elastic band has to be slightly adjustable.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've been looking for some type of laptop lanyard. I work as a theatre technician, when we're up on catwalks focusing lights we have to have all of our tools on a lanyard. I've started bringing my laptop up with me, but I have no way to secure to myself or the rail.

I really want to see this.

October 17, 2007 at 11:12 PM  
Blogger Ethan Vaughn said...

I've been looking for something like this to secure my laptop for bus use as well. Something like "Single Point Tactical Rifle Sling" (search Amazon). If only there was some place on my laptop to attach it. I would love to be able to just close the lid and let it hang while I step onto the bus. Cheers.

December 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home